- Serves: 8
- 1 package beer brats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcesetershire sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups Wisconsin colby jack cheese, freshly shredded
- 2 cups extra sharp yellow Wisconsin cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- 2 1/2 cups super sharp white Wisconsin cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (12 oz.) can lager beer
Grilled Beer Brats
- Preheat grill to 450F. Grill brats over direct heat for about 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked. Flip the bratwursts half-way through.
Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, peppers, and garlic, stirring to coat. Cook for about 10 minutes, until vegetables are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour and cook, stirring consistently, for 2 minutes, then pour in chicken stock.
- Season with salt, pepper, mustard powder and Worcestershire sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 1 minute, then reduce heat and stir in heavy cream, cheeses, and cream cheese.
- Mix until smooth, then stir in beer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Fold in beer brats and serve immediately.