Juicy, flavor-infused smoked chicken with a crispy buffalo sauce exterior.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 1h 20m
- Total Time: 1h 25m
- Serves: 4
- 3 1/2 lbs. chicken drumsticks or wings
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Whisk together spices, baking powder, and flour. Toss chicken in to coat and transfer to a ziplock plastic bag.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to 275°F. Smoke chicken wings on indirect heat about an hour, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Meanwhile, melt one stick of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the remaining ingredients. Whisk well to combine. Simmer for only 3-5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Toss the wings in the sauce to coat.
- Grill coated wings on high heat (around 500°F,) cooking 5-10 minutes per side. Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery.