- Yield: 2 pizzas
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, more for brushing
- In a Pyrex pitcher, gently mix with a fork warm water, yeast, and honey. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of your mixer, whisk together flour and salt. Fit dough hook on mixer. Add the oil and combine on low speed. Add the yeast and water mixture and combine at a slow speed until the dough comes cleanly away form the sides of the bowl and clusters around the hook.
- Sanitize and lightly oil your work surface.
- Transfer dough from mixer and turn dough onto the lightly oiled surface. Knead dough until the surface of the dough is smooth and glossy.
- Divide the dough in two equal balls and place in a ziplock bag. Allow to rise at room temperature one hour.
- Flour hands and counter and roll out dough with a rolling pin. Brush olive oil on dough and add desired toppings.
- The dough can be kept in refrigerator up to one week. If refrigerated, allow to return to room temperature plus another hour to let rise before forming (typically plan on 1.5-2 hours).