A spicy blend of flavors paired with refreshing lime and cilantro will make this fajita recipe your new favorito.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 4
- 1 pound beef steak strips
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
- Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
- Guacamole (optional) to serve
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, honey and spices. Reserve about one-fourth of marinade and refrigerate.
- Place meat in a shallow dish and pour remaining three-fourths of marinade on top of it. Let meat marinate in this overnight in the refrigerator, or at least an hour.
- Preheat grill to 450°F-500°F.
- Slice bell peppers and onion and place in grilling basket or tin foil packet with a little olive oil and garlic salt.
- Grill steak about five minutes per side (or until internal temperature reaches 145°F). Brush reserved marinade on after flipping. Once done, remove from grill, cover with foil, and let rest.
- Grill the bell peppers and onion foil-packet at 450°F-500°F , about 10 minutes a side. If you want, grill tortilla shells about 10 seconds per side.
- Assemble your fajitas. Garnish with extra cilantro and guacamole. Add your favorite hot sauce for added heat.