Savor the fresh flavors of the Mediterranean with this kabob recipe. Grilled chicken marinated in a yogurt-basil sauce with zucchinis, bell pepppers, and grape tomatoes all served on a skewer.
- Prep Time: 1h
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 1h 15m
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 15-20 skewers
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch squares
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs trimmed and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup red onions, chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 15 skewers
- Put yogurt, basil, and onion in a food processor and pulse. Transfer yogurt mixture to a mixing bowl and stir in curry powder and sprinkle with salt. Reserve about 1 cup of the yogurt mixture. for dipping.
- Add chicken to bowl with remaining yogurt mixture, stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate at least 45 minutes (or up to 6 hours). Meanwhile, soak about twenty 8-inch skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 450°F. Toss together bell pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, and oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers.
- Grill kabobs, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165°F). Serve with reserved yogurt mixture for dipping.